Wedfuly is creating a new wedding tradition via elaborate, engaging, creative livestream experiences. We let couples meaningfully share their union with everyone they hold dear, regardless of finances, geography, or other life circumstances.
We saw explosive growth in 2020 and have worked to solidify product/market fit in 2021. With many exciting opportunities coming down the pike, we’re looking to bring an amazing marketer along for the ride and need help solidifying our brand positioning, developing this new category, and creating the foundation for our marketing program.
As a Wedfuly team member, you are responsible for upholding the Wedfuly brand, mission, and core values. Wedfuly’s services are inclusive of all. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
About the Role
This role is a fit for a well-rounded digital marketing generalist who is curious and wants to make an impact. You’ll be our very first marketing hire, with oversight over our marketing strategy, channels, growth and future teammates. You’ll work alongside our leadership team in a fast-paced, fun (often hilarious), and caring environment. This is an amazing opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a category-defining company with an established press presence, strong industry credibility, and product/market fit.
Denver, CO · Full-time · $75,000/yr – $95,000/yr
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deeply learn our customer, building upon our existing insights and learnings and leveraging your own insights toolkit
- Evolve our brand, putting definition behind our brand voice and positioning
- Develop a marketing strategy and execution roadmap
- Oversee strategy and execution – rolling up your sleeves and executing personally when it makes sense, and providing oversight of outsourced resources when necessary
- Domains of strategic & executional ownership and influence are listed below. Deep experience in all areas isn’t required, just the ability to dive in, experiment, and iterate. Some areas will be shared and/or highly collaborative based on your expertise and experience. Bringing with you a network of effective contractors is a plus!
- Top of funnel channels – our primary focus is currently on cultivating trusted sources, and/or acquiring customers who are actively searching for a solution
- Earned media / PR
- Paid search
- Mid-funnel/nurture channels – our primary focus is currently on packaging up and distributing our amazing client UGC, letting past couples do the selling & convincing for us
- Content (blog, video, website)
- Organic social
- Mid-funnel advertising via remarketing: paid social & Pinterest
- Low-funnel channels – focus on building a scalable process
- Sales calls, follow-up, incentives, and anything else required to close deals
A successful candidate will meet the following requirements and characteristics:
- Excitement for and experience with a startup environment
- Comfortable moving quickly and making decisions with imperfect information
- Fluent in marketing KPIs and funnel metrics, including experience working with tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, and the Google Ads platform
- Understand how to drive purchases for products that don’t fit the direct response mold
- Strong perspective on brand voice and creative direction
- Very strong communicator with great writing skills
- We value a growth mindset and a focus on learning above all else, with the ability to quickly bounce back and pivot when things don’t go according to plan
While not a requirement, we believe the level of expertise required for the role is commensurate with at least 3 years of marketing experience.