What you’ll do
In this role, your main responsibility will be to support the Wedfuly Host (aka: Virtual Wedding Coordinator) during a virtual wedding. We refer to this role as a Co-Host or Breakout Room person. During a Wedfuly wedding, the Co-Host is responsible for sharing media, music, and serving as tech support to the virtual guests. The Breakout Room person is responsible for sorting guests into their designated virtual room, communicating with the wedding guests who may be more technically challenged. Together with the Host and Co-Host, you will provide a seamless, delightful virtual experience for all participants.
Please note: Candidates should keep in mind that this is a part-time, weekend position. The hours and schedule for this role are variable and depend on the weddings that are booked each weekend. This is a remote, part-time position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow a wedding timeline, understand and execute on audio and visual queues
- Play selected media via Spotify, YouTube, Quicktime, and Preview on a Zoom call seamlessly
- Sort wedding guests into virtual reception tables (breakout rooms) and coordinate with guests to ensure they are in the appropriate room
- Assist clients to ensure good audio and video quality for live events and recordings
- Coordinate with clients and onsite contact for tech setup and troubleshooting any issues related to onsite tech
- Work with the wedding host to proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Provide technical assistance to virtual wedding guests
- Collaborate with wedding host to execute a seamless virtual wedding
- Edit video footage and pictures as part of post-wedding deliverables
A successful candidate will meet the following requirements and characteristics:
- Available to work weekend weddings with a majority of these hours falling on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes Friday. Availability to work post-wedding deliverables on a Monday is a plus!
- You must have a reliable apple laptop, consistent *fast* internet connection (upload speed of 5 Mbps or more), and an external monitor– or the ability to obtain these prior to the hiring date
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MacOS. You need to have a high level of comfort in web-based applications such as Zoom, Slack, Airtable, Dropbox, Intercom, and the G Suite – no PC/Microsoft applications will be used for this job!
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work accurately with great attention to detail
- You are outgoing and personable and able to communicate with a variety of clients
- You are hardworking and energetic and always have a can-do attitude